CONFERENCES OF ICTM (UNESCO) IN CYPRUS
2nd International Symposium of ICTM (UNESCO) in Cyprus, Limassol in August 1996, 27-30, organized and sponsored by Dr. Nefen Michaelides
organized by Dr Nefen Michaelides in 1982 in Limassol, 22 - 27 July
The opening of the conference by the mayor of Limassol Mr. Kolakides, Professor Suppan and Dr. Nefen Michaelides.
The representative of the government, Minister Patroklos Stavrou, at the opening.
The 30 music specialists from several universities of Austria, Japan, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany (East) Germany, (West), Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and Cyprus.
Professor Suppan from Austria and Dr. Nefen Michaelides during the presentation of her study "Das Reimpaar in zyprischen Volkslied".
The one week conference where all the delegates presented their studies.
22-27 July, 1982, Limassol-Cyprus.
Limassol, the 27th July 1982
RESOLUTION OF THE CONFERENCE
1. To found an archive for Cypriot folk music; to centralize and classify all collected sources.
2. The exchange of specialists between our institutes and Cyprus.
3. The exchange of documentation between our institutes and the Cypriot archive of folk music.
4. To apply for membership of Cyprus in the I.C.M.
5. We support the right of Cyprus of preserving its cultural heritage.
6. We request the president, Mr. Spyros Kyprianou, to support our Cypriot colleagues in materializing this suggestions.
7. This resolution will be published in the bulletin of I.C.T.M (U.N.E.S.C.O).
From 'Bulletin of the ICTM'
No. XCVIII, APRIL 2001
Paper presented by Dr. Nefen Michaelides
Practical proposals for applied ethnomusicology in the field of education
At the 3rd Symposium of the ICTM Study Group on Applied Ethnomusicology, Nicosia, Cyprus, 18-22 April 2012
Report by Dr. Nefen Michaelides, jury member of the composition contest organized by the Cyprus Ministry of Education 1985, about the composer Theophanos Dymiotis.